Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Forgotten Young Widows of America

I started to become angry that no one believed this law to be true. Fortunately for me I know several people who are in congress and the senate. I contacted them all and told the my story. They were all very good listeners. There wasn't anything they could do to rectify my problem. I spoke with senator Arlen Spector, he wanted to help, his people are still intouch with me. I spoke with Paul kanjorsky's people, very concerned, I spoke with senator Bob Casey himself, he wants to help.Everyone wants to help. I thought I know just the man. I wrote to congressman Chris Carneys office and within 2 weeks I had an email advising me of my private meeting with the congressman. Oh Tuesday I met with him, and as always received a warm welcome. I sat with with congressman Carney for about 45 minutes and explained that there is a big difference in our cases. Ours, means the young widows without children under the age of 16 or 18 yrs of age. Without our husbands retiring at an early age because we were financially secure. Widows without large insurance policies to sustain them, no one would insure them. I will tell you this, when I reach 60, the magic number, I will be limited to how much I can work, there is a limit! I can only earn 14,000.oo dollars a year or I will be penalized 1.oo for every 2.oo I make. Ok now, why do you penalize us for working? You are forcing us to take the easy way out and go on welfare. Don't penalize me---applaude me for not giving up. We are not the lazy people--we believe in going on and making you proud of us. Don't ignore us and pretend we arn't there. We are! My plan is to find every young widow who is struggling and get her to join in the effort I have put forth. Admire my desire to help people, admire my desire to move on. Admire my faith in you. help us not be extravagent but to live a peaceful full live.

No comments:

Post a Comment